Saturday, November 13, 2010

Flip Open the Random Book

Was clicking around various people’s comments’ names that led to links, and found this book meme that seemed interesting, and decided to give it a try. The rules are simple:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 4-7 sentences on your LJ along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

So, I opened the closest book around me, which has the most incomprehensible plot ever written and got this result. I’ve simplified it somewhat, since it was previously unreadable:

"A firm chewy candy. Carapace: a protective case or shell on the back of some animals (as turtles or crabs). Carat: a unit of weight for precious stones equal to 200 milligrams. Caravan: a group of travelers journeying together through desert or hostile regions."

I’m probably doing something wrong, since the closest book on my desk was a dictionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment