Thursday, June 20, 2013

Calendar Pin-up Special

Dear Diary... today, Pooky invited me to his slumber party.
If you're wondering why these calendars haven't been collected into a definitive Garfield collection yet, these fold-outs sandwiched between the months of June and July may be a good reason.  They're much larger than
even accounting for the full-length page designs for the 1990 calendar, which could add to the printing costs, even with fold-in sheets added to the interior.

At the time, I thought it would be suiting to show these sometime during the middle of June.  Then I thought about it some more, and thought it would be more fitting to present these on June 19th, Garfield's birthday.  I kept putting it off, figuring I had plenty of time to whip up something worth writing about, and before I knew it, the deadline had already passed without an editor screaming at me for not keeping up with the deadline.

The only exception to the double-page spread is for the year 1993, which is presumably when these fold-outs stopped.  Whether this was a good or bad thing is entirely judgemental.

No comments:

Post a Comment